Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Monogamy. Old fashioned or should it be brought back into fashion?

People accuse me of all sorts of things. I'm an animal activist, because although I believe people should be able to hunt, I personally don't feel the need to do so. I prefer hunting my meat at the grocery store, pre packaged. That's just my preference. If I had to hunt to survive I surely would. I also do not believe we have the right to be cruel to these innocent creatures that God put us in charge of.
I have also been accused of being an environmentalist. This is simply because I take issue with God's creation being littered upon and I don't think we need more factories to put more smog in the air. Anyone that has allergies or asthma should understand that one.
However, I think the thing that bugs me the most is when people say I am old fashioned or a prude, based on the fact that I believe in monogamy.  I have been told to branch out. Have threesomes, or be with a girl. Let my husband be with another woman. The old switcheroo if you will. Why is is so hard to believe that some people just want to be with one person for the rest of their lives? Why is it so wrong of us to not want to share our most private of moments with others? 
Is our world so far gone that this is now outside of the norm? Have we let the media, society and let's face it, schools, teach out young ones that this is old fashioned and that no one does this anymore? I have been with (in the biblical sense) two men my entire life and I have been married to both of them. I take exception to being looked down upon because I have some moral fiber! 
My husband and I have agreed there are only two deal breakers as far as our marriage is concerned. 
Infidelity and abuse. Anything else we can work through. I'm coming up on 7 years of marriage with him at the end of this month. He is my best friend, the father of my children, and my only lover. 
If that makes us old fashioned well... so be it.

4 comments:

  1. And who says you can't get kinky with only the same person!

    Please don't take up hunting...legally blind and guns do not make a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--how shallow someone who would call you a prude. People aren't toys to mess around with. Neither are children, which I find a logical extension of such thinking.
    You don't owe the courtesy of an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING TO WOMAN?

    Seriously? Here's the thing... if you are both HAPPY with the relationship and all it's aspects, there's no reason to invite other people into it. You can add lots of spice without other people... or add ice cream... that's always good too! :) HA!!

    There's a recently published article that says 40% of women would rather a husband cheat than become emotionally connected to another woman. Clearly I am in the % that doesn't want their husband to do either... but why would he??? Really... I'm more than he can handle all by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I found you! I've been spending the last several minutes getting all caught up on your goings on. Congratulations on the sweet grandbaby! My Sweetie Pie turns 8 at the end of the month! And, I completely agree with you on monogamy.

    ReplyDelete