Friday, June 27, 2014

Why I have been gone part 2

As I said in my last post I knew I was in big trouble!
Not only was my now loosened shoe cutting into my feet I could feel the blisters and they were huge. 
When I got home and took my shoes off and looked at the damage they seemed fine to me but felt bruised.
By the time my husband got home I couldn't walk. He checked my feet and found two blisters about and inch long on each foot. They were right were the toes and feet connect. Then multiple small blisters along with two blood blisters. 
To most people this is not that big of an issue. To me it could very well mean the lose of my feet. Essentially I was screwed. 
I have always worked very hard at keeping my feet in good condition. I don't wear heels or anything that can damage them as for most diabetics when you start losing your feet the end is near. No offense, I'm not ready to kick the bucket quite yet. 
I was confined to bed for a couple of days then the bleeding started. That was fun. Nothing like having sticky feet when you wake up only to discover they are red with blood. Anyway I will pass on most of the rest of the details as they are not pretty. 
Good news is as of now nothing seems infected. I'm looking pretty good. My diabetes is fighting me with crazy high blood sugars that I am trying to control but it is a fight. 
So if I disappear again without notice you know something is definitely wrong.

6 comments:

  1. I've lost enough followers lately, you need to get better soon!

    Seriously scary stuff, next time call a cab for Christmas sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend,

    I know of blisters on my feet. Mine were caused by a three day, one hundred mile walk. I understand you must be very careful. Thankfully, you don't seem to have any infections.

    I'm here in the background. Try to have a relaxed weekend.

    In kindness,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Joe said. This was awful and I do know what could happen to you. Fight your way back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there kid. A dear friend of our with type one was on an overseas trip with us and didn't even know she had an infection in her toe. With the help of the Mayo Clinic and a long struggle they saved her foot....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What everyone else said...please take care of yourself. I don't know a lot about diabetes, but I do know that any injury to your feet can be very dangerous. I know of somebody who had to have his big toe amputated. Ah, what's the big deal - it's just a toe, he thought. And afterwards he realized how much of an adjustment it was. "Just a toe" turned out to be very important for maintaining balance. And yet he was lucky that it was "only" his toe.

    Again, please take care. It's OK to be selfish on occasion... :-)

    ReplyDelete