Monday, June 2, 2014

I love my life.

I went to the store yesterday. It was a big chain store, which I won't name but will say there are lots of "People of" emails that go around with some pretty interesting pictures of people.
I gathered a few items. A couple of shirts, a bike tire, some bike patches, and other small things. When Phil and I went to check out we found the shortest line and committed to it. It was a mistake. 
The cashier, a young man of who knows what age, was extremely slow. There was one person in front of us, and each item he rang up he stopped to look at. I have never seen anything like it. Another young man stood by him patiently trying to help him, but as the line behind us grew, he went and opened another register. I watched the second young man check out four people before our cashier had finished with the lady in front of me. Another employee now stood next to our cashier trying to encourage movement. 
I almost changed lanes but my things were already on the belt and so I waited.
As he began the slow and painful process of ringing up my items two things caught my eye and my sick sense of humor.
Directly in front of him was a sign that said "Fast Cash Now"
Nope. Nothing fast in this lane.
Directly behind him was a sign that said "Right now, Pain relief center." 
My thought was "Please God make it so."
Phil meanwhile kept giving me the stank eye and telling me to behave as I started to giggle.
I took a picture on my phone I just have to get him to show me how to put it on here. I love my life. 

7 comments:

  1. I think I've had that same cashier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know youngsters like that. Probably just recently separated from his earphones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread the day when someon feels compelled to encourage movement by just looking at me... Don't listen to me, Melynda... It's just that I'm turning 44 two weeks from now... My students insist I am old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My super power is to pick the slowest line in that store. I really should get a t-shirt that says Don't get in line behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd buy that t-shirt. :) I ALWAYS pick the slowest line. ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, you were good for not busting out laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete