Saturday, April 5, 2014

What it means to be a military wife.

These are excerpts from multiple military wives.
Dear husband,
All four tires blew today. Ran over construction nails. Don't have the money to fix them. Guess the kids and I are walking.
Dear husband, 
They messed up your check again. Not enough money to pay the bills and get food. Sorry but I have to feed the kids.
Dear husband,
I don't care if you are missing a leg. I will still love you no matter what. It will be fine don't worry.
Dear husband, 
I miss you. It's hard being mommy and daddy at the same time.
Dear husband,
I'm pregnant! We are having a boy!
Dear husband,
Our baby was born. He is has all 10 fingers and toes. :) However, he has a heart defect. They are going to do surgery. I'll let you know what happens.
Dear husband,
The Air Conditioner is broke again. It's 90 degrees in the house. They say I am on a waiting list. Could take up to a  month to fix it. Of course by then I won't need it. Grrrr.
Dear husband, 
There is 3 feet of snow outside. I got written up for not clearing it. I don't know what they expect. I'm not  supposed to have any closed doors between me and our kids but it's to cold to take them out.
Dear husband,
Please come home soon. I can't take it.
Dear husband,
Spring it here. I miss you. I wish you could see the kids! They love it.
Dear husband,
Got a dog for the kids. I know you said not to but they need something. They cry for you every night, and ask when you are coming home.
Dear husband,
Took the kids to see Santa. They told him all they want is for you to come home for Christmas.
Dear husband,
It's been a year. Thank God for Skype! I would forget what you look like otherwise. I'm forgetting what your touch feels like. I miss you.
Dear husband,
The dumpster fell over on me today. It was so heavy I had to wait for one of the neighbors to come out and rescue me. Pretty sure I bruised my butt.
Dear husband, 
Our child died today.
Dear husband, 
Kindergarten started today. 
I was so nervous I followed the bus all the way to school. After sitting there for a while I rushed home. No worries. I got there before the bus drove her back..
Dear husband, 
I hope you are safe. Heard the base you are at got bombed.
Dear husband, 
Please let me know you are safe. I'm terrified right now.. Haven't heard from you in days!
Dear husband, 
Sorry I missed your call. I was working and they kept me late. I'll make sure I'm there next week when you call. I miss you. Why are you only allowed to talk 10 minutes? That's dumb.
Dear husband,
Goodbye for the last time. I wish I could have been there. I will never forget you or your bravery.. Know that I am proud to call myself your wife. The kids don't understand why you will never be back. I'm trying to explain but they just keep crying. 
I still can't believe I will never kiss you again. You will never touch me again and hold me. We will never laugh together again. I know you did what you had to but if you were still alive we would be having a serious fight mister.
Yours, truly, love you with all my heart, miss you.
Military wives

7 comments:

  1. Too many tears--I can't see what I'm writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ready to give their lives for their country and their wives have to suffer like this. I sometimes give up trying to figure out life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been aware that things are not as they should be for military families for a long time now. This was the most powerful description of their lives I have ever seen. I think you should send to magazines or do something to try to get it to a wider audience. I am your latest follower now. And both fishducky and Munir are friends of mine. I am so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been aware that things are not as they should be for military families for a long time now. This was the most powerful description of their lives I have ever seen. I think you should send to magazines or do something to try to get it to a wider audience. I am your latest follower now. And both fishducky and Munir are friends of mine. I am so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was raw and true feeling.

    thanks for finding my spot. blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed. And perhaps we won't find it so casually easy to send our brave men and women off to war of choice. I doubt it though...:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this touched my heart! I was a military wife many years ago and have been friends with many others........it's a hard life!

    ReplyDelete