Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What goes around comes around!

I was telling stories on my kids today and this one amused me greatly so I thought I would share.
When I worked at a fast food place, for more years than I care to mention, we used to always prank the new people. I know. Not nice and very, shall we say, politically incorrect?? We would tell the new kids they had to do pickle inventory. They were 5 gallon buckets of pickles. Then periodically as they counted we would talk to them and they would have to start over because they lost count. Eventually we would tell the poor saps that we knew how many pickles there were. 5 gallons.
We also told them to mop the deep freeze. Of course the mop always froze to the floor immediately, and the kid ALWAYS sat there forever trying to get it off the floor. Also mean I understand that. 
My daughter, however, had the best one pulled on her.
She started working for a food storage company last year and when she asked what her job title was someone told her she was a BM. 
Now, please understand that my child, although extremely intelligent, lacks the ability to distinguish a joke.
So, when a neighbor suggested she come do some work in her lawyers firm she gladly accepted. When asked what her previous position was... You guessed it she spat out BM. 
My neighbor about crapped her pants. Of course I get an immediate text stating and I quote
"I'm dyeing right now! Your kid just told the lawyer that her last job was a BM! Please tell me that is not a real job title???"
At this point all the mean things I did to those kids kept trotting through my mind. What goes around comes around I guess.

8 comments:

  1. I like the mop trick...I'll bet some one tried it for real the first time and then it became a job for the "new guy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to figure that BM out. English if after all a second language for me.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being naive is not the worst thing in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe - - - now why does she have to pay for your mischief?
    PS I had to check with my daughter what a BM is. LOL .
    Like Inger, English is not my first language either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a rather crappy joke.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not very politically correct.... Shame on you. Not. Anyone who tries to mop the deep freeze needs to google why it doesn't reallly work. Haha mopping the deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh*

    wipes tears

    yeah... I got nothing... :)

    ReplyDelete