Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy Birthday to you Shannon Dean Williams!

Today is my brother Shannon's Birthday. Shannon is one of my best friends in the world. I don't know what I would do without him. 
I remember so many times when he was young how he would drive my parents nuts, because he was so stubborn. 
One of my mom's favorite stories links into one of my favorite stories.
She says that dad would put Shannon in bed and as he walked back down the hall, he would hear little feet following him. 
Turning, Shannon would be right on his heels. Dad would swat his bottom and put him back to bed. This would go on for quite some time. The reason this is so funny, is because Shannon has a beautiful daughter named Jordan. Sweet nature d as she is, she is very much like her daddy. I was watching her once when she did something that Shan felt was inappropriate. (It was but I have to spare her now, adult feelings and not repeat it.)
Shan sat her on the couch and told her not to move. As he turned away from her I saw her pounce out of the chair like the energizer bunny. I gasped then laughed as he swatted her on the rear and sat her back down. Over and over this scenario played out and I watched laughing harder every time. 
"It's not funny." He scowled at me. 
"Oh but it is.: I giggled wishing my mom could see this play out.
She did. When they went to Texas to visit my brother Shan put Jordan to bed, and Jordan got right back up and went to Mom's room. 
I believe the story goes that she said "Grandma. I"m here." Before my brother snatched her up and off they went again.
So dear brother, just remember that what goes around comes around. As my son reminds me more and more of you I will be sending him your direction. I feel it is only fair that you deal with the young you.  He was born the day after your birthday so it only seems fair. After all I didn't act that way. :)
I love you. Miss you. Wish I could be with you today. 
Hope it is truly the best day ever!

3 comments:

  1. Being stubborn can be a good thing :) Hahaha let him deal with the young him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? You are blessed to have a brother, even if he is not right there.

    ReplyDelete