Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My friend the Silver Back.

I talked to my friend Jess yesterday. I have known the man for 15 years now. On top of the fact that he is married to my best friend, he is like a brother to me. To describe Jess, is easy.
He is a good ol all American boy who is about to retire from the US Air Force.
The first time I met him, his wife had invited me over for dinner. My now ex and Jess worked together, and she and I worked together. It was a weird situation.
As we are sitting there having an awkward get to know each other dinner, Jess said something that prompted me to throw something at him. Next thing I know the man has a fully loaded water gun and the war began. Right in the middle of dinner. My ex and Christy sat there staring at us as we ran around the house like children making a horrible mess and laughing the whole time.
Many more of these water gun fights, TPing and other such nonsense has occurred over the years. He refers to me as Pumkin, or the buttless, boobless wonder and I refer to him as the Silver back. He is hairy as an Silver back ape.
I am proud to be the friend of such an outstanding Patriot. I am proud of him for all he has accomplished. I know this next journey in his life will be just fine. I miss you and your family Silver back. REally hope you get a job out here. :)  

6 comments:

  1. Is great to have friends that close. You know you will have support regardless of what happens. My bro in law is preparing to retire from the airforce as well in August after 30 some odd yrs. He is weighing his options too. Good luck to your friend.
    Thank you for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he gets a job close by. I know it would make him happy too as friendship goes both ways and he would be glad to be in the same area as you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how very sweet. my nephew is about to retire from the Air Force after 26 years. he will have to go on his first job interview soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a superb man and good friend. Best wishes for a fulfilling retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say, "the buttless, boobless wonder"? I thought you did. It's always good to have a real friend. Friends make life bearable. I don't have to tell you that. In your absence I had some major problems with my eyesight - nothing wrong with my eyes, really, but a big problem with my brain (neurosarcoidosis). Anyway, my friends and family were there for me and I'm still here. Let's toast: to the people who care and the people we care about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing stories about how friendships blossom.
    R

    ReplyDelete