Wednesday, May 14, 2014

That was bad Robert!

Sorry this is so late but spring has finally sprung in Utah! I didn't think it would ever happen. However, it did and I enjoyed a lot of time outside. 
I have a tirade but I'll save that for next time. This time I will tell you a funny story.
Phil and I pulled up to the Shoppette, which is the base gas station/beer hole and such, and he got out to fill the tank. (I know. It's a bit obvious but had to be stated.)
While he was filling the tank we chit chatted until an SUV pulled up at the tank next to us. The man jumped out of the car grinning, and opened the hatch. All the windows were down. His wife jumps out too leaving a mother in law, (we are guessing on that one) and two children gagging in the back seat.
The wife promptly starts in on him, obviously not seeing us.
"That was bad Robert!!!" She was livid. At that moment they noticed we are there, and the woman stands there arms crossed, legs slightly apart glaring at him, while he nonchalantly continues to fill his vehicle. The people in the back seat looked a little green, so we are assuming it was either her mother, and he was unhappy about her being there and tried to kill her by asphyxiation, or it was his mother and for some reason he tried to do the same. My guess? Mother in law.
Either way, I will occasionally say
"That was bad Robert!" To Phil. Especially if he gets in bed before me and I go to crawl into a wall of stank the which could bring tears to a war veteran. 
I sometimes wonder if I should take my "Robert" to the doctor. Surely, something is dead in there. That is the only explanation that I have.
I'm telling you this because I felt empathy for a perfect stranger. 
I'm sorry Roberts wife. Wherever you are, know that you are not alone!

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny. My brother-in-law walks and farts. I should be happy I'm not married to him, but I still live in the same house.

    ReplyDelete