Sunday, March 29, 2015

My mother in law passed.

Sorry for the delay. My mother in law did pass on Wednesday and it has been a rough go of it. I'm emotionally drained as I try and keep everyone calm and yet letting them deal with their emotions. 
I have never been good with death. I don't know what to say or how to act. I don't think anything you can say or do takes away the pain and sorrow. It's crushing, suffocating, and over all the worst loss anyone can go through. 
Meanwhile, I have not been able to grieve myself. It sounds odd but I need to. She was an amazing woman and the best mother in law I could ask for. She didn't get in our business or try to tell us what to do. She just listened and offered a shoulder. She never spoke harshly of others, even when they did her wrong. 
Yesterday we had a get together with the family. We had lunch then everyone sat around and talked. Except for myself and one of my sister in laws. The two of us went to work on her garden and flowers. I trimmed and tied roses, when we cleaned out flower beds and pulled weeds. She has more plants than a nursery so we had to be careful we didn't pull flowers. 
It might seem an odd thing to do but had she been with us that is what she would have been doing, and so we felt it was our way of honoring her. 
When we finished, we looked at each other and smiled. It just felt right. 
Anyway I will get back to all of you. Thank you for staying around although I am a horrible blogger friend.

13 comments:

  1. Not odd at all, that seems like the very appropriate thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your family's loss--working in her garden was the PERFECT way to honor her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry... My deepest condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you and your family. Please don't forget to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my friend,

    Sorry to read of your family's loss. And yet, the gesture of working on her garden, her statement of her marvelling at nature, is being upheld.

    Look after YOU. Blogging can wait for the times that truly feel right. I know this.

    In kindness,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you friend. :) I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish all the best to you and your family. What you did with your sister in law, to go and work on your mom-in-law garden, was beautiful and not odd at all. I'm sure she was somewhere nearby smiling at the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry for your loss. She sounded like the best mother in law. You both were lucky to have each other. I will be praying for your family in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss, Melynda. I never know how to deal with death either. Just be there for the ones who need you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best kind of MIL. Be well blogging friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melynda! I'm slowly getting back to the blogging world. But I already follow everything that happens to you on facebook! Anyways I'm so sorry for your loss. And I'm not sure anyone knows how to deal with death. it's just a horrible thing anyways... Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alas! This, too, shall pass...

    What's your address again in the hereafter, dear?? Mine is: 111 Rock-Solid-Diamond Ave, Seventh-Heaven - a quaint mansion on d'south side of town with mountain biking trails in all directions AND, of course, a sassy, savvy, insane, kick-some-ass, party-hardy every night. Wanna join me? trustNjesus.

    MyCrucifixIsMyFix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alas! This, too, shall pass...

    What's your address again in the hereafter, dear?? Mine is: 111 Rock-Solid-Diamond Ave, Seventh-Heaven - a quaint mansion on d'south side of town with mountain biking trails in all directions AND, of course, a sassy, savvy, insane, kick-some-ass, party-hardy every night. Wanna join me? trustNjesus.

    MyCrucifixIsMyFix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete